Landowners may choose to develop renewable energy projects on their land for a variety of reasons. Using the research we gathered in writing and publishing the Landowner’s Guide to Renewable Energy, we compiled the top 7 reasons landowners go with renewable energy projects:
- Financial incentives: Landowners can earn income from leasing their land for renewable energy projects or from selling the energy generated from the project. This can be a significant source of revenue for farmers and other rural landowners.
- Environmental benefits: Renewable energy projects produce clean and sustainable energy, which can help to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and combat climate change. Landowners who are environmentally conscious may choose to develop renewable energy projects on their land to reduce their carbon footprint.
- Local economic benefits: Renewable energy projects can create jobs and boost the local economy by providing income for local businesses and workers. Landowners may choose to develop renewable energy projects on their land to support the local community.
- Community engagement: Some landowners may want to be part of a community project that makes a positive impact in the area. By supporting a renewable energy project, landowners can be part of a project that benefits the community.
- Diversifying income: For farmers and ranchers, renewable energy projects can be a way to diversify their income and reduce their dependence on traditional agricultural markets. This can help to mitigate the financial risks associated with fluctuating crop and commodity prices.
- Tax benefits: Landowners may also be eligible for certain tax benefits by developing renewable energy projects on their land.
- Long-term investments: Renewable energy projects can be a long-term investment for landowners, providing them with a steady income over time and helping to ensure their land’s economic viability for future generations.
Amshore Renewable Energy created the Landowner’s Guide to Renewable Energy to help large-scale ranchers and farmers understand solar, wind and battery projects and their potential benefits. Over the past 20 years, Amshore has connected landowners covering more than 500,000 acres of land with utility companies and independent power producers looking to expand their renewable energy projects.
Download a complimentary copy of the Landowner’s Guide to Renewable Energy at: https://go.amshore.com/landownersguide.