Over the course of the next decade, the renewable energy workforce is set to double in size to support nearly 1 million American jobs. The safety of the current and future workforce is of the utmost importance to the clean energy industry. That’s why Amshore Renewable Energy is celebrating the American Clean Power Association (ACP) annual Safety Awareness Campaign throughout October.
This year’s theme is Preventing SIFs: Breaking Through the Modern Safety Plateau, which focuses on bringing awareness to Serious Injuries and Fatalities (SIFs), their root causes, and how to prevent them.
ACP 2022 Safety Campaign Webinar – Preventing SIFs: Breaking Through the Modern Safety Plateau
ACP has a handy complimentary, on-demand webinar available (see below). No registration is required. In this on-demand webinar, ACP member companies and industry safety experts explain this year’s safety campaign and provide an overview of serious injuries and fatalities (SIFs), prevention and how to incorporate awareness into existing safety management systems.
Panelists share how their organizations prioritize SIF prevention and awareness to existing safety programs and provide advice for companies who are just starting out and implementing safety awareness programs of their own. While other safety metrics are generally improving, reduction of SIFs has plateaued and, in some cases, SIFs have increased.
- Scott Stuessey, Safety Director, Wind Energy, Mortenson and Chair of ACP’s Safety Campaign Working Group.
- Cody Davidowski, Senior Safety Director, Power Deliver Solutions/Energy Storage Solutions/Solar and Emerging Renewables, Mortenson
- Brad Simpson, Director, Environmental Health and Safety, Invenergy
- John Cackovic, Senior Electrical Superintendent II, Mortenson
- Alan Nelson, EHS Manager, BayWa r.e. Operations Services LLC
- Ron Crabbe, Regional HSQE Manager – Americas, Robur Group USA